Women Real And Purposeful
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What genre of the arts has influenced your life?

4 posters

Go down

What genre of the arts has influenced your life? Empty What genre of the arts has influenced your life?

Post  Admin Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:57 am

In the last 30 days what genre of the arts has influenced your life the most? Explain how and why?

Admin
Admin

https://wrap.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

What genre of the arts has influenced your life? Empty Poetry

Post  hdub996 Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:36 pm

I recently got a new book - "The Great Modern Poets" and I can't put it down. The beauty is overwhelming. I also have greatly enjoyed the history/commentary that is presented. A clip of one of my favorite poems from the book:
“I made hay while sun shone.
My work sold.
Now, if the harvest is over
And the world cold,
Give me the bonus of laughter
As I lose hold.”
~ “The Last Laugh” by John Betjeman

hdub996

Back to top Go down

What genre of the arts has influenced your life? Empty Film

Post  mmr143 Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:42 pm

We just went to see an amazing film called Slum Dog Millionaire - it was incredible a must see for everyone. The amazing story of a young man who makes his way out of the slums of India and finds himself on the Indian version of Who Wants to Be A Millionaire. Your heart will be stirred when you see what happens to the kids who are forced to beg on the streets of India.

mmr143

Back to top Go down

What genre of the arts has influenced your life? Empty Painting

Post  muse Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:22 pm

In the last 30 days the genre of art that has influenced me the most has been oil painting, specifically figure painting. The month of December I was able to have my very own art show at a local restaurant in Austin, Texas. If someone would have told me years ago that I would be painting and having my own exhibit I would have laughed and quickly denied that I could ever do that - yet, I DID do just that.

Having the show in December, which consisted of both photography and oil figure drawings made from May - November 2008, really meant a lot to me and spoke loudly of what can happen if you silence the voice that automatically tells you "you can't do that". Before May 2008 I had never even picked up a paintbrush or touched it to canvas to intentionally paint something. After a divine meeting with a local artist, David Ohlerking, who - for a reason only God knows - believed in me, he persuaded me to start painting with him in his gallery and from there, the art was created.

All it took was someone who believed in me and gave me the opportunity. However, I also had to take the first step in picking up that brush. It has made me realize that I really can do anything.

muse

Back to top Go down

What genre of the arts has influenced your life? Empty It made me realize I can do anything. What does that mean to me?

Post  mmr143 Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:12 pm

I remember when I started back to school later on in life. Working toward another degree was daunting. Yet, by taking one step at a time it has been a blast doing something that I thought I could never do. I grew up with a brother and sister that were amazing students. I just didn't think I had what it took to be a good student. So I say - go for it! whatever you want to do start today. You can do anything!

mmr143

Back to top Go down

What genre of the arts has influenced your life? Empty Re: What genre of the arts has influenced your life?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum