Women Real And Purposeful
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How has the current state of the economy affected your life?

4 posters

Go down

How has the current state of the economy affected your life? Empty How has the current state of the economy affected your life?

Post  Admin Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:51 am

And Why?

Admin
Admin

https://wrap.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

How has the current state of the economy affected your life? Empty Economy

Post  mmr143 Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:38 pm

The state of the economy has caused me to tighten the belt on my spending. It has really allowed me to examine what is important to me and my family. It has also caused me to pray more for wisdom and direction with all my decisions regarding where my time and resources are spent on a daily basis. I don't want to waste my time with things that will not last or make a difference in the world around me.

mmr143

Back to top Go down

How has the current state of the economy affected your life? Empty Re: How has the current state of the economy affected your life?

Post  kjo Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:36 pm

I know what you mean. I've really had to evaluate what's important in my life...and what's necessary.

kjo

Back to top Go down

How has the current state of the economy affected your life? Empty the current economy

Post  kmfullerton Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:40 am

I have been thinking of this quote of St. Augustine: "Find out how much God has given you and from it take what you need; the remainder is needed by others. "
I think that if we as a society had been living more in line with this thought the economy might not be in the state it is.
I also, as an educator, have tried to teach students to think critically when they are surrounded by popular media and consumerism. I think that many of us have been put in a position through, not a lack of will, but a lack of willful thoughtfulness and examination.
There are a great many people who are "okay" because they have been following a more frugal path from the beginning. Actually, I have to laugh when I hear all the "advice" out there now for how to survive these times; things we have been doing all along and things that people should not think of as temporary to "survive" a crisis.
We are in a position in our lives to be thinking of downsizing and fortunately don't have too much extra to give to others.
But, I'm thinking more about that now and how, as a society, we can move to a place where we all don't have too much extra.

kmfullerton

Back to top Go down

How has the current state of the economy affected your life? Empty Re: How has the current state of the economy affected your life?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down